Thursday, March 10, 2011

Paint your Art out

Last Thursday, our incoming JLOC Board of Directors was treated to a team building exercise at Paint Your Art Out.  We were asked to go to http://www.truecolorstest.com/ before our gathering to find out what "color" best describes our personality.  It was fun to see how similar our results were.  It was interesting to learn about each of our respective communications styles/personality types. 

Please take the test and know what "Color" you are!  It's only 5 quick questions.

My results:  Gold.  Pretty right on if you ask me!

Gold is the body's natural perceptions. It represents a need to be responsible, to fulfill duties and obligations, to organize and structure our life and that of others. Those with Gold as a Primary Color value being practical and sensible. They believe that people should earn their way in life through work and service to others.  Gold reflects a need to belong through carrying a share of the load in all areas of living. It represents stability, maintenance of the culture and the organization, efficiency, and dependability. It embraces the concepts of home and family with fierce loyalty and faithfulness.

Here is a picture of our incoming board, pre-paintings:


We ate some Hideaway, drank a glass of wine, and then we dressed in our smocks and sat down to paint.  We were each given a blank canvas with a stenciled Fleur-de-lis design.  Here are a few photos from the night.  You will be quite impressed with my skills - I know I was!! 

Here I am discussing colors with a fellow board member, I'm so serious...


Hard at work in this picture:


A group picture of the finished products, all so different:



And, a close up of my painting.  I really am so proud:


This just gets me even more excited for our upcoming trip to New Orleans!  I'm not a Kappa, but this Fleur-de-lis is now hanging proudly in my house.  I do have dear Kappa friends, though, so this can be a reminder of them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...