Thursday, May 26, 2011

The blazer is back!

Time to dust off your old, navy blazers...  this trend is back!  Not your "Old Navy" blazers, but your old (as in the past, ancient, prior) blazers.

True, I have been seeing celebrities and catalogs featuring cute blazers and tailored jackets lately.  My mom kept telling that I should pull out my old JCrew navy blazer, insisting that this trend is back.  I didn't believe her so I decided to do some research.  Well, she was right.

In InStyle magazine's featured Tim Gunn's Guide to Style, he lists one of the must-haves as a fitted blazer.  Tim says, "No single item of apparel dresses up a look better than a blazer. You're doing Saturday catch-up at the office in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, when your boss calls to thank you with an invitation to lunch. Can you think of a better save?"  How to wear this look?  "Pull it over a feminine blouse and perfect-fit jeans for the weekend or a textured skirt for work."


Here is evidence that this is definitely back:
Love Pippa!
Cute and casual
Ann Taylor LOFT
JCrew
A Forever 21 find...  only $27.80
Banana Republic

Equestrian
Your blazer certainly doesn't have to be navy.  I just think any tailored jacket is a great way to dress up an outfit.  Especially jeans - I love the way it gives that extra tailored look.  Even paired over a simple tank or tee is super cute!  It's definitely a must have in my closet.  And in my mom's closet.  I should have just listened to her in the first place.  After all, Mom always knows best!

1 comment:

  1. I think I need that Forever 21 blazer, great find! I also noticed Kristen Wiig wore a lot of blazers in Bridesmaids. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...