Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blogger Spotlight... Stacy Nance

Allow me to introduce the amazingly talented, Stacy Nance, of Stacy Nance Interiors!  Stacy and I went to high school together, but have recently become reacquainted through mutual friends, similar interests, and our blogs.  Please check out her design blog HERE.  She offers great ideas and inspiration for your own home 'to do' list.  I know I have plenty of things on my list.  Actually, I have several design, home decor, household, and wish lists.  Mainly, though, I have my everyday to do list and then my 'someday' list.  Surely I'm not the only one!

Here are Stacy's responses to my random questions.  Enjoy!

Question #1:  How do you take your coffee?
No coffee for me; sometimes tea or DDP for a caffeine fix

Question #2:  How long have you been blogging? 
It will be a year in June.  Wow!  How time flies!

Question #3:  When you first began blogging, what did you hope to accomplish with your blog?  How, if any, have your blog goals shifted as you've become more experienced?
Blogs and social networks i.e. Facebook and Twitter have quickly become the way we communicate with our friends and neighbors.  This is how the world shares information. I studied this in my master's degree (library and information studies).  So when I started my business, I consulted with friends.  We all agreed that a blog was necessary to the success of the business.  The blog showcases my design aesthetic.  People feel like they know me through the blog, and that's exactly what I want.  Facebook has really been a launching pad for the blog and business.  How would anyone but my immediate friends know what I was doing if it weren't for these tools?  Through these avenues people can see what I'm doing and decide: "I want Stacy to come do that at my house!"  

My goal is three posts a week on the blog.  I didn't want to spend money on the blog in the beginning.  Now I think it's time to invest more money into the business.  I want to revamp my blog design this summer as well as launch a website with my design projects.  I also want to do some "giveaways".  Friends and acquaintances comment on my FB page or to me personally all the time, but I would like to see more discussion on the actual blog.  I can see on my stats that hundreds of people check it out, so I just need to get them commenting!

Insert Regan's comment:  What an awesome and smart answer!!  Where would any of us be without social media these days?

Question #4:  Red wine, white wine, or depends on the occasion, meal, etc.?
My favorite is a sauvignon blanc from New Zealand.  Yummy!

Question #5:  Ultimate vacation spot?  Is this somewhere you've been, or hope to visit someday? 
My two favorite vacation spots are Northern California and France.  I love the Sonoma region near Napa, and Provence and Paris are just magical.

Question #6:  Cheez-its or Cheese Nips?
Cheetos!

Question #7:  Describe the perfect date night with your hubby.
Well I love a good date weekend to Dallas.  Occasionally, my husband will take me to Dallas for a weekend of shopping.  We stay at a nice hotel and eat at all our favorite restaurants.

Question #8:  If you could invite one celebrity, past or present, to dinner, who would you invite and why?
This one is tough for me...  Laura Bush and I have a lot in common, and I've always wanted to meet her.  She is Theta and a librarian like me.  I would love to talk to her about literacy and education.

Question #9:  What is your favorite charitable organization?
Our friend Hayden has CF, so we love supporting her whenever possible.  We also have a place in our hearts for Young Life.

Question #10:  Name three things that you are passionate about in life.
That has changed in the last several years.  When I was teaching I was very passionate about education. Now, I'm passionate about being a good mother, friend and wife.  

Question #11:  If you could spend the day by yourself, with no phone, email, carpool, errands, etc., how would you spend your day?
Start with a massage. Then a pedicure.  Then I would probably make my way to my favorite design and antique stores.

Question #12:  What advice would you give to someone that has just begun blogging?
Start small but set goals.  I think it all depends on the content of the blog.  If it's for a business, always consider your business plan.

Question #13:  What is one of your favorite family traditions?
My Granny makes lunch for her kids, grand kids and great grand kids every Sunday.  She's the best cook I know, and I hope I can be as giving and kind as she is someday.

Question #14:  Name three baby items that you thought you had to have pre-kids, but now that you've had kids, realize you didn't really need.  Name three baby must-haves.
I don't think I thought much about baby items before I had my son.  I thought I was going to breastfeed for six months. HA!  I used my expensive breast pump for two weeks before calling it quits--one of the most disappointing and difficult times in my life.
My baby must haves: Aiden+Anais swaddle blankets (love), bouncy chair, Fisher Price Lamb Swing, and Boon High Chair

Question #15:  What is your favorite drink from Sonic?
Diet Strawberry Lemonade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...