Thursday, May 19, 2011

Where's the "Like" button?

Does anyone else have an issue with this?  These days, it makes me happy when I read an enjoyable email, have a "laugh out loud" moment with girlfriends, a nice driver lets me go ahead of them in traffic, I find a good sale, I hear my boys tell each other that they love one another, or I have something as simple as a good hair day.  I just wish I could find life's universal "Like" button.  It's sounds so stupid, but it seems that sometimes that "Like" button is just the most appropriate response.

I'm convinced that it's a 21st century human being's desire to feel gratification on a comment, a status update, a good deed or kind guesture.  I get it, sort of, but why is that?  Is the feeling a good deed gives us not enough anymore?  Is it our addiction to social media and RSS feeds, is it the yearning for the most current and instant responses, is it competitiveness, is it a longing for attention, or a combination of all of these?

Sometimes, rather than responding to an email, or waving to the kind driver, it would be fun just to reply with a "Like" button.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...