Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blogger Spotlight... Jennifer O'Reilly

I would like to introduce Jennifer O'Reilly.  She is such a kind, sweet, talented, and super fun mommy!  I love reading her blog, and I know you will too.  She has a beautiful family and she does a great job of capturing her family memories.  My personal favorite posts are when she shares things about her design projects.  Give this girl some spray paint and a salvaged household item and magic happens!  Check out her blog HERE - I know you'll love it!  Here is a post where she uses her magical talents with spray paint - so darn cute!!  Click HERE!
 
Question #1:  How do you take your coffee? 
3 tsp of sugar and creme brulee creamer
 
Question #2:  How long have you been blogging? 
Almost 3 years
 
Question #3:  When you first began blogging, what did you hope to accomplish with your blog?  How, if any, have your blog goals shifted as you've become more experienced? 
I started my blog with my in-laws in mind. They live in Georgia, and I wanted to keep them as close to us and the kids as possible. It's not easy having family living far away so I try to keep them updated with our lives through our blog. I also love that our kids lives are chronicled and I hope to make our blog into a book one day for the kids. 
 
Question #4:  Red wine, white wine, or depends on the occasion, meal, etc.? 
Definitely depends on what I'm doing, what I'm eating, and who I'm with. I love both!
 
Question #5:  Ultimate vacation spot?  Is this somewhere you've been, or hope to visit someday?
Since we honeymooned in Sante Fe, I hold a very special place in my heart for turquoise jewelry, art galleries, cowboy boots and pinion wood. They're so many places I could have fun in. Greece in high up on my list of places to see.
 
Question #6:  Cheez-its or Cheese Nips? 
Parmesan Cheese-its
 
Question #7:  Describe the perfect date night with your hubby. 
I miss riding on the back of my hubby's Harley. Since we've had kids, we don't ride anymore. I would love to take a ride around Lake Hefner and have dinner on the patio of somewhere casual. I miss those days!
 
Question #8:  If you could invite one celebrity, past or present, to dinner, who would you invite and why?  
Lady Ga Ga. Just to see what she would wear. 
 
Question #9:  What is your favorite charitable organization? JLOC
 
Question #10:  Name three things that you are passionate about in life. 
God, Family, Friends
 
Question #11:  If you could spend the day by yourself, with no phone, email, carpool, errands, etc., how would you spend your day? 
Spa day that includes mani, pedi, facial & massage. Lunch on a patio with a glass of Sauv Blanc and a shrimp caesar salad. Browse some antique shops/boutiques for a fabulous find or fun piece of jewelry. Maybe hit up a book store and catch up on my favorite decor/celebrity gossip magazines.
 
Question #12:  What advice would you give to someone that has just begun blogging? 
Don't get frustrated and google the questions you need answers to. It's a work in progress.
 
Question #13:  What is one of your favorite family traditions? 
Dressing in Red, White & Blue, loading the girls up in their wagon, and heading to the 4th of July parade in Edmond.
 
Question #14:  Name three baby items that you thought you had to have pre-kids, but now that you've had kids, realize you didn't really need.  Name three baby must-haves. 
1. Bedding~Our baby nurse told us in our parenting class that all we needed was a sheet and I thought that was the saddest thing I'd ever heard. But, I have to say after a few months I took the bumper out (Fear of SIDS and 5 month old Audrey was pulling herself up and trying to stand on it) and we never used the big blanket that came with the bedding. I removed the dust ruffle after we moved the crib lower to the ground. It was so important to have pretty bedding at the time, but after a 2nd baby I thinks it's a waste of money and time. 
   
Must haves-Boppy, pack-in-play, video monitor, (and diapers diapers diapers!)
 
Question #15:  What is your favorite drink from Sonic? 
Lame, but it's what I always get. A route 44 water. So thirst quenching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...